Shipped from our New York warehouse, Free continental US shipping only.
People of then associate MADE IN CHINA with cheap quality stuff. Being a Chinese Australian living in Sydney, I often feel this way and I normally try to avoid going to the dollar shop around the corner. That said, it would be utterly unfair to say that everything comes out from China is a lemon, since, well, the mighty iPhone is made in China as well :)
Fact: this iphone case is made in china :D
So, what if the same level of precision manufacturing process is applied to make a sinkbridge? Sounds interesting? Well, this is what K&S is bringing to you today. The ultimate sinkbridge by Czar Precision.
Who is Czar?
Czar is a good friend of mine who owns a precision manufacturing business in China, and he is the most crazy knifenut that I have met. While his main job is using CNC machines to mill all kinds of precise parts such as aluminum cell phone enclosure, his hobby is to make whatever knife related things he thinks it is not up to his standard. Back in 2013, a group of kitchen and outdoor sharpies on a chat group started the idea of designing their own sinkbridge because they are not satisfied with all the available product on the market at the time. Czar stepped up and agreed to develop "the One".
corner of his business (full of CNC machining centers)
And, this is the prototype
The initial design was rather plain and looks unfinished, however after a few iterations, this is what is on offer now:
What is the fuss?
- Milled form solid 6061-T6 age hardened, high tensile strength aero grade aluminum alloy block, anodized with a super cool deep blue color. T6 grade aluminum alloy is basically the best you can get in its class, you don't normally see this used in household products. You can read more about the material here
- supported by two solid 304 stainless steel rod with 14mm diameter, providing the best stability in its class. Supports up to 430mm wide sink, and can hold a stone up to 390mm in length.
- crazy "fit and finish", look at the photo, all the corners are either chamfered or rounded.
- CNC milled parts providing very high level of manufacturing precision: less movement, more stability
- A rubber sheet is provided for the user to place them at various places to help protecting the stone
- K&S exclusive!
I having been using one for more than a year now, and I have never felt any unwanted movement, this is truly the ultimate sinkbridge, a must have for any sharpening freak!