Another collaboration between Tanaka and K&S Customers. Why I say it is the result of K&S customers? Because only with the help of my fellow customers that I am able to convince Tanaka-san about the genuine need in the market of this Blue 2 with stainless clad line. This line is the latest work between me and Tanaka-san, so combined with previous feedback from customers, the B2 stainless line basically have the following features:
* Latest B2 line with Migaki finish and full convex grind
* Kanji reads 田中诚贵作(Shinko Shigeki Made), with Shinko being the K&S house brand, showing this is a genuine collaboration between Tanaka and K&S.
* K&S treatment with rounded spine and choil
* Able to customize handle design and add a K&S hardwood saya
Always thought that Tanaka blades are great value with poor F&F? Think again!
For a long time I tought the same, and this is the reason I was not able to fully commit on carrying all the other ranges of Tanaka knives other than the western R2 line. For a long time, I wish I could offer the great value and cutting performance of Tanaka knives with a much improved F&F, and I finally done it: I am proud to offer you the K&S Tanaka knives. Same maker, same great cutting performance, same unbeatable value, but a much better overall finished Tanaka.
So what I have achieved?
- Rounded spine and choil a standard, no more harsh edge;
- An awesome newly designed K&S semi-custom handle a standard.
- Same great value!
|165 mm||180 mm|
|Weight||127 g||150 g|
|Total Length||315 mm||322 mm|
|Tip to Heel Length||168 mm||181 mm|
|Blade Height at Heel||47.4 mm||48.3 mm|
|Width of Spine Above Heel||2.4 mm||2.7 mm|
|Width of Spine at Middle of Blade||1.7 mm||2.1 mm|
|Width of Spine at about 2cm from tip||0.9 mm||0.9 mm|
Steel: Blue 2 Steel with stainless cladding
Hardness: HRC 63-64
Handle Design: K&S Teak wood handle with options